In any given day, I’ve been a blogger, editor, photographer, HTML coder, marketer, designer, art director, community manager, strategist and new business developer. I pride myself on results.
I’m currently working on the creative team at Walmart.com as a Content Strategist, where I develop content experiences that blend storytelling, inspirational content and commerce. Right out of the gate, I migrated two of our content centers (Beauty and Baby) to responsive templates and added curated shops within our content, leading to an AOV increase of 45%.
At my previous position as Communications and Community Manager for Pearl.com, I led the communications strategy and community management for a group of about 500 regularly active professionals (the folks who answer questions). I advocate on behalf of the professionals to company, and from company to professionals on a daily basis, whether it’s blog posts, product planning meetings, email marketing, real-time social media communication, or in-person feedback sessions.
At Pearl.com, I helped with:
1. A nice $73K spike in yearly revenue from a response rate contest I designed and implemented
2. A collaboration initiative that began and maintained a series of user testing sessions that continues to inform countless products
3. An 60% increase in engagement that resulted in a better informed, happier professional population. How do I know? I also implemented regular monthly satisfaction surveys so that Pearl.com can measure professionals’ morale quantitatively.
4. Anatomy of an Answer, a comprehensive, research-based guide on what elements of an answer create lasting customer satisfaction (which also led to higher customer NPS!).
5. Through blog posts, email campaigns, and in social media, addressing sensitive community issues like payment percentage and quality control
5. Creating instructional materials for features and systems, for a non-technical audience
Content Marketing experience at Monster Worldwide
While at Monster Worldwide, I was promoted multiple times and at the end of my tenure as Managing Editor, Content and Community I was responsible for 19 communities and coached the editors that ran them. We had a lot of fun driving advertising and lead gen revenue by creating interesting, engaging content both onsite and through newsletters, white papers and advertorial landing pages – along with fostering social media engagement and blogger partnerships to increase our reach.
My contributions had the following impact (data from Google Analytics):
1. In June 2008 I was assigned to FireLink for a 9 month span, in which I doubled our user base, increased page views by 179%, unique visitors by 118% and user engagement (pages per visit) by 23%
2. In 2009 I was given additional responsibility for AdminSecret (therefore running 2 sites at once), and due to my work page views increased 337.5%, unique visitors increased 284% from the previous year
3. In late 2009 I took on NursingLink and improved the site’s SEO on priority keywords to first page Google ranking, bringing in 22% more search engine referral traffic (about 50% more visits sitewide – SEO can do great things!).
About me, generally speaking
I learn and adapt quickly – I thrive in a fast-paced, creative and driven culture. I’m constantly searching for ways to improve.
Bonus info if you’re still reading: I love to cook, especially Mexican and Thai food. I adore swing dancing, vintage fashion, huge art installations, well-conceived design, and all things creative. And hey, thanks for making it the whole way through!
You can contact me at email@example.com.